Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ordinary Time

When I write the words Ordinary Time, I am taken back to the late 90s. I have a distant cousin in Nashville, TN who writes her own music, sings and records her CDs in her home studio. The title of one is "Ordinary Time" based on ordinary time in the Church. Marie Bellet is the proud mother of nine children...the last I heard.

The last time I checked she was still at http://www.mariebellet.com/ singing her folksy songs about being a Catholic Mom. I love her music. She is quiet talented.

No Catholics existed in my family of origin--paternal or fraternal. So when my late father's cousin Dr. Ben Williams came back to the old home place looking for Daddy, he was a few years too late. Let me add here that the land my parents lived on and where I grew up had been in our family since 1854, when it was purchased by my grandfather Doc Hayward Williams. He is the connecting dot.

He is my great- grandfather as well as Marie's. Marie's father became Catholic when he attended St. Louis University. (I think that is what it is called.) Anyway it was a devout Catholic school and Ben fell in love with the Church along with a Catholic woman. They were blessed with 8 children.

One of those sons became a priest and was ordained in Rome. When I met him via email, he was back in Rome studying. I managed to go to Rome and meet him for the first time in St. Peter's Square.

The joy of having a priest in the family was overwhelming for me. I will continue in ordinary time.

No comments:

Post a Comment